Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sew Saturdays: The Beginging

So, here's the deal with my promise to you guys about my halloween costume! If I'm going to hand make everything (except for maybe smalle details like the ears, and shoes), I need to learn how to sew. I've always known, if I learn how to sew, it will be for costumes, as I love dressing up! So, I took my christmas money, and bought some supplies and books (which are on thier way and should be here soon!). Here are the books I've coughed up money for, hopefully they'll be worth it!

The Complete Photo Guide to Sewing by singer - This one I actually as a gift from my parents last year.
Sewing A-Z by Nancy Sieman - This one I checked out from the library
Sew Everything Workshop by Diana Rupp - I bought this from amazon.com and have high hopes for this one! Sadly, Amazon is waiting to mail this one because it is out of stock. So I might not have it for a short while.
Stitch by Sitch by Deborah Moebes- I also have hopes for this one, which I purchased from amazon.com
1-2-3 SEW by Ellen Baker - I don't expect this to give me alot of versitility in techniques, but it has numerous short time projects that would be wonderful for trichem projects. So I picked this one up.
I'll be starting on the crown of my costume this week, but the major sewing fort he dress will wait until summer. In the meantime i'll be sharing some of my little projects with you. You can buy the books below if you are interested in following along with my projects and add your input.




I can't wait to get my hands on these books! I'll update you next week on how I'm setting up my room for sewing, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment