Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Penguin Projects

One of my daughter's favorite things is a rubber duck. Her fourth birthday party was themed to rubber duckies, but as Christmas came she has taken on another favorite: Penguins. (Duckies are still her favorite, but she has a newer obsession).

She has a favorite pajama set, which she locates every time it's out of the dryer. By the time she started asking to wear it school, I knew I'd have to expand her penguin attire.

So this morning I did some doodling with my tri-chem pens. You only need four items to do this project:

White knit t-shirt
knit sticker
Tri chem black softlyflo paint
Tri Chem orange softlyflo paint

I started drawing a circle for the head, and an egg shape for the body. I added a little more definition to he bottom of the body. Two dots for the eyes, triangles for the wings, a triangle for the beak, and triangles for feet.

Turned out pretty cute IMO.



She's still sleeping at the moment, but I can't wait to show it to her: I'm sure she'll want to wear it to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment