Monday, January 30, 2012

Color the snow

Most of you have probably heard about filling spray bottles with water and food coloring on a snowy day. You take the kids and make colors in the snow. I wanted to have a little more control with the paint, so I decided to use eye wash bottles (they have smaller openings than dish soap and ketchup bottles.)

I didn't get any pictures of the kids playing with the paint, as I was too busy making sure they painted only the snow.... but I did have a wonder idea for my high school friends who recently got engaged. So what turned out to be playtime for the kids, actually turned out to be playtime for me too (BTW, the inconsistant lighting is due to the fact that I was taking photos in the eveing as the sun was setting.)




I think this would be similar to the idea of drawing on chalk and taking photos, so I'm kind of wondering, if we will get enough snow again for me to do more artwork. I'd like to try something like this!


No comments:

Post a Comment