Monday, August 29, 2011

Vote for my next year's halloween costume!!

A big thankyou to Daree for contibuting the most questions and guessing the correct answer to what my costume will be this year. The correct answer is Mother Gothel! I think she is a brillant character and would be really fun to play! Be sure to catch my updates here on my search for a Mother Gothel Costume.

Everyone played so well, and I'm happily now ready to accept my defeat. You all were able to suggest ideas for next years costumes. I've made it a poll on facebook, so vote and share with your friends! The one with the most votes by Wednesday eveing will be the winner! I'll keep you up on my progess as I make the costume myself, which is a big challange, because I can barely sew! :0)

Here are the options:

1. Wicked Witch: I had to do some research on this, because it's such a general idea; but I'd like to put my own personality to it. So here are some pictures I'm taking insperation from:

Now, I'll be honest with you. I'm not going to handmake a wig! (sorry folks! and FYI I won't be making shoes either! ) I absolutely love this wig, but I think maybe what I will do is dye my hair instead. I love love LOVE this necklace, and I can make something simiular to it!  My witch costume would most definitely be more modest/modern themed. I'm thinking knee length black and purple dress with beading (maybe!) I'm thinking a shrug and a mini witch hat on a headband would also be cute.

This hat is available from bella's boutique on etsy.


2. Princess Zelda

This famous princess would be the first princess I dressed up that is not Disney (Remember Padme was an elected queen, NOT a princess). This one also gives me a bit of freedom as there are many versions of her. My favorite (and perhaps favorite by most) is the twilight princess version.


Thankfully, I already have brown boots (from the padme costume!) and white gloves which I can modify (from my wedding!). Being I have an interest in fabric painting and resin/polymer clay I think I'll be able to design the details quite nicely. I'll make the crown from resin most definetly, I've already got the plans drawn down in my head. :0)

3. Pebbles!

OK I know this is a commercialcostume available, but I promise it will be handmade! I love the leg warmers on this! I think though I would change the skirt to a fluffy tule skirt, and wear tights underneath. Sorry people not going to wear high heels, but I think I can make some cute sandals with polymer clay bones attached to it that would look just as cute. I also think I'd like to add some ribbon to the tunic somewhere, and of course I'll handmake the earrings and possibly the bone bow too. :0)

There you have it! Now get to voting!
http://apps.facebook.com/opinionpolls/poll.php?ref=stream_poll&pid=ABOiyrDgwvA


No comments:

Post a Comment