Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Let's Play!

School has started for my eldest! It's still summer, but I am thinking of fall, and of course; Halloween! I have a confession, I would be a cosplayer if not for marrying my husband. I love dressing up in costumes. In another dimension I am married to a social reject whose only religion is worshiping video games, and comic-cons. Every year I sew up a few costumes and we have unbelievable adventures!

But, this is the real world, or at least the dimension where my husband won't be caught dead in a costume, and has never been to a comic-con. Neither have I. Not to say we would never go, but...

In this reality, Halloween is my chance to cosplay. I'm going to promise you pictures when I find them; but for now I'm going to share my favorite costumes from previous years.

My first handmade costume (all are made by my mother because I haven't taken the time to learn how to sew properly) is my favorite character Belle from Disney's Beauty and the Beast. Of course, I didn't want the yellow ball gown, which is widely available. Instead I wanted her peasant gown. The blue dress with white apron; complete with a basket and book.



I've had other costumes, but one that stands out in my mind is Padme's outfit from the third episode. I specifically choose this costume because I was pregnant at the time, and didn't want to be another 'pumpkin belly.' No thank you, I'd rather sit at home and miss out. But really who wants to see a pregnant Disney character?


This year, I'm giving my costume choosing power to you!!!!!!!!! Well...sort of.   The last few years I've not dressed up at all, with all the stress since Haley was born I didn't have enough energy! So now, three years later I'd like to take a stab at it, but to make it fun, let's play a game. On my facebook fan page next week, we'll be playing a game of twenty questions! I've already picked out my costume for this year, and you have to guess it. If  you guys (the fans) win, I will:

*Definitely dress up this year
*Post a video or photos of my costume
*Fans get to choose my costume for next year!

If I win, I get bragging rights, and saved from the humiliation of posting a silly video of myself. Rules will be posted here on Friday. Check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment