Friday, March 18, 2011

Welcome to my world...

Ambitious Girl Brings Fantasy To Life.

That's my story in a nutshell. Ever since I was a little girl, I couldn't help day-dreaming my time away. A pencil, paper and scissors was my favorite toy. It still is, in ways. Writing my thoughts of everything I daydream about makes me feel more organized with daydreaming; it helps take it further.

I'm finally coming into adulthood at the age of 26. You would think I should have already been an adult, being married for seven years, and having three kids, etc...but I'm really not. Until this past year I never considered myself a woman. I thought it sounded too grown-upish. I always called myself a lady. *laugh*.

There was no defining moment for me, when I thought "I'm grown up now". With each day it's been "getting closer..." "Almost there." "Hmmm... I think I'm there..." "OK.  I'm there.". I really thought in my mind that I was so far behind my age, but I can safely say I know some 60-year-olds that haven't grown up as well as I have.

But my adulthood will not crowd out my childish fun. Daydreaming, creating, and bringing fantasy into my everyday life is always going to be here. No matter what. It's that creavtiviy that makes my life worth living. It applies to how I raise my children, who my friends are, what my life is about. It applies to what I write about. It applies with how I connect with you; not my readers, but my fellow whimsical wonderers.

Welcome to my world.....Welcome to Whimsical Mai.

No comments:

Post a Comment