Thursday, November 24, 2011

So many things!

First I want to wish you all a happy thanksgiving! I have so much to be thankful for, so much in fact, that I haven't had time to blog much!

So, I'd love to tell you about everything that's going on, but I do have a 12 pound turkey to cook, rolls to bake, and mash potatos to mash!  So instead, I'm sharing a little family tradition we do for thanksgiving.

Every year, we go to a paint your own pottery studio. I let the kids pick out something small to paint, and I pick out a dinnerware piece to serve our thanksgiving meal on. Two years ago, I made an attempt to paint one at home, and it failed, as I did it with the wrong paint. The following year (last year) we made a turkey platter.

This year, we made a mash potato bowl.  Last year, I forgot to add the year we made the piece, so I remembered to do so this year. All of the dinnerware will have hand print turkeys. I'm hoping though that we will be able to do some pie dishes at some point instead of turkeys, we'll do apple and pumpkin palm prints.


The idea is when the kids are in high school and thereafter, we'll have a full set of serving ware and a memory to go with each piece--a memory to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment