Saturday, May 14, 2011

Practice, Practice, Practice.

Last Saturday I finished my class in Os (ooo. ss.) Rosemaling, and starting my Telemark box. I have to confess I am not a fan of Os, but it is the easiest of rosemaling styles, so I am practicing anyways.

Financing practicing is not always easy. So with mother's day approaching, I decided to do some picture frames. I wanted to share them as soon as I finished it, but I was afraid that the pictures would somehow get back to the recipient.

But I'm pretty sure, that I'm safe now. :0)

I only put flowers on these pieces, but traditional Os is framed in red and white. As I said, I'm not a fan of Os, and I thought the flowers are pretty standing alone.

Now that I'm starting Telemark, I don't expect to be practicing much Os. I still have plenty to practice however, so I suppose many gifts I give this year will be painted ones. :0) Be on the alert, friends, if you have a birthday coming up, you might receive a rosemaled piece- if you are Norwegian or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment