Friday, April 12, 2013

Charms for Kindness!

I spent several hours this month with my fingers wrapped up in embroidery thread, making friendship bracelets. Every bracelet I succeeded in making fell short of my expectations. Also, I learned for once and for all, you can't force yourself to like something you never have. With a tight budget (a result of an underwater mortgage we are trying to off load), I wanted to come up with a way to make something inexpensive to give to those whom I catch giving acts of kindness in the city. It didn't work. I haven't been happy with it; mostly because I don't like making friendship bracelets.

So my plans with sharing my friendship bracelets with you did not work out. Nevertheless, my plan B (albeit, the 'more expensive' plan) is taking it's place, and I'm much more enthused about it.

I have always had  fascination with charms. The simplistic nature of charms has always appealed to me. Last week I purchased just over 100 pairs of them. This week, I will be making the pairs into a keychain and add on charm set. When I catch someone in an act of kindness, they will get the keychain--and I will add the identical charm to my bracelet.  It will become my little way of carrying the people's kindness everywhere I go.


I can't wait to actually get out there and start passing these out. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment