Friday, January 13, 2012

Tale as Old as Time!

Back to Fairytale Friday! Boy Have I been looking forward to this day!!!! All week I watched clips on youtube of off broadway "Beauty and the Beast", and I have to say I'm so excited to see it live Januarary 28th!


I'm going to share with you a couple treasuries related to beauty and the beast, but first, I also wish to talk about a song from the production which is very specail to me: A Change in Me.  I completely forgot about this song until I was researching the musical last week, and one website recommended we listen to Ashley Browns version which you can hear here.

This song speaks to me on so many different levels, and I honestly can say I'm not a fan of the melody, the message relates so much to my life, I've adopted it as my life's song. (I have a song for me and husband, and one for each of my children, and even for my former's mother group.)

The song is about giving up your fantasy dreams (I never thought I'd leave behind my childhood dreams) and jumping on board to reality (but I don't mind, for now I love the world I see) .  It also talks of being proud of who you were ( though who I used to be, I still depend on) ,  and being proud of who you are (I'm where and who I want to be).  I know I'll never lose my childhood dreams, they will always be there, but I've gladly handed them over; because the things in my real life are so worth the exchange.

Anyways, I really need to find a way to make this into a ringtone and add it to my phone......

moving on.

I browsed some Etsy treasuries the other day, looking specifically for Beauty and the Beast Themed Treasuries. I favorited two of them, planning to feature them here, but to my dismay I went to retrieve them today and only one was there! I am dissappointed as I'm sure it was an old treasury and the artist removed it, but I liked it for a few reasons:

1. It did not have a copyright character in it.. No disney! Although I love Disney's version through and through I am not a fan of those who use copyright character without a copyright aggreement (which is done frequently on etsy) , and so I really appreciate those who go the extra mile to make it copyright free.

2. It was color coordinated. Even more difficult!

3.  It was inventive. There were things I wouldn't even thought about putting in it!

I'm so sad I don't get to share this one with you! BUT what I can share is this one: http://www.etsy.com/treasury/NjY2MjY5MnwxNzE1MjY0NjQw/i-use-antlers-in-all-of-my-decorating?index=1

I wish craftcult would have worked in making a widget for this treasury, so reason it didn't like it! I love how they took just a line of the song annd used it as inspiration!

Here is the treasury I made:



Now, in reflection of the fact that I still wanted one more treasury but could find one, I thought that I would leave the challange to you!!!! Infact I'm so inclined I am willing to offer a prize: a hand painted vase themed to Beauty and the Beast! Here is how to enter:

*Create a Treasury

*Treasuries must be themed in some way to beauty and the beast; the story, not neccesarily Disney.

* Try to have good color flow

* You must tag it with "whimsicalmai blog" and let everyone know on the text box that you are entering a challange on Whimsicalmai blogspot. - this is how I will find them and contact you if you win!

You can start building treasuries now, winners will be announced AFTER I see the tour performance. All details to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment